[OM] Close up filters again

Subject: [OM] Close up filters again
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2022 10:42:39 -0700
I recently acquired a 500D and have been testing on the sony 100-400. One of
the reasons I was interested in the magnetic filter approach that now eludes me.

What I notice is that at 400mm the working distance ranges from 50cm at
infinity (hence 500D name) to about 28cm at lens MFD. However it does not seem
like the magnification changes all that much. Only tweaking the Zoom does the
magnification really change.

It is a different way of working to a traditional macro lens where distance
sets the magnification. But this also implies more working distance and less
critical to getting exact distance to subject as magnification can be adjusted
with zoom.

(from wikipedia the magnification would go from 0.8 to 1.05 with this lens at
400mm. The lens focal length probably changes at MFD though as ~28cm was what I
measured vs 33cm calculated)

My first OK photo with the 500D CU at 400mm/F9 hand held.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Tq4FpYUnhsS2kKe8

WayneS