Re: [OM] Close up filters again

Subject: Re: [OM] Close up filters again
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2022 17:16:23 -0700
At 1/5/2022 03:32 PM, Mike wrote:
><<Does the Sony do focus stacking
><<with that lens?
>
>Still no focus bracketing to this date, but I use mostly MF lenses on Sonnie
>anyways.  Oly's is baked in the firmware and can do it easily hand- held.
>There is a tricksy work around using a remote that I have but requires a
>tripod.
>
>https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1635996/0
>
>A 2 Diopter CU lens is a bit strong for optimum IQ on that long of a tele. I
>think Moose compared to a Nik 5T and found that one a bit better on the lens
>her tested it on---?PL 12-60 IIRC.
>
>It is very idiosyncratic how achromatic CU diopters perform on various lenses.
> There may be many ways to obtain the same mag using focusing distance and FL
>combo's and some yield better results than others.
>
>Mike

I have mentioned and used that technique. Works great when the wind is calm,
which was not the case for that shot. I also use the remote with Canon 180mm
macro, which allows finer increments than I can do with its focus ring. The one
thing I don't like about that lens, the manual focus. I'm spoilt by the
Voigtlander 110mm.

I have yet to really explore the combination. Maybe a softer look might be OK.

WayneS