Re: [OM] Close up filters again

Subject: Re: [OM] Close up filters again
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 22:32:05 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<Does the Sony do focus stacking
<<with that lens?

Still no focus bracketing to this date, but I use mostly MF lenses on Sonnie
anyways.  Oly's is baked in the firmware and can do it easily hand- held.
There is a tricksy work around using a remote that I have but requires a tripod.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1635996/0

A 2 Diopter CU lens is a bit strong for optimum IQ on that long of a tele. I
think Moose compared to a Nik 5T and found that one a bit better on the lens
her tested it on---?PL 12-60 IIRC.

It is very idiosyncratic how achromatic CU diopters perform on various lenses.
There may be many ways to obtain the same mag using focusing distance and FL
combo's and some yield better results than others.

Mike