Re: [OM] Adobe bringing Gigapixel type function to ACR and then LR

Subject: Re: [OM] Adobe bringing Gigapixel type function to ACR and then LR
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 22:03:43 -0700
On 3/18/2021 4:47 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Process/Adobe_Enhance&SuperRes/GigaP_vs_AdobeEnhance.htm>
Wonderful analytic summary nicely illustrated. Thank you for that. Topaz
product has had a longer time to improve and it shows.
I also agree. However, I'm not totally sure I'm agreeing with Moose's
test/analysis as the AdobeEnhance, in my experience, isn't quite
matching the results of his.

My guess would be different subjects. It's all so highly dependent on subject
and training set.

Then again, perhaps something here is bent? Ive just tried it on a couple more E-1 images, and on a GX9 image, and it does pretty much nothing. I can see the pixels changing subtly in the preview, in both ACR and LR, and the 2x thing works in ACR.

But the net effect at 1x just doesn't look different.

But I'm really trying to be agreeable. We haven't always agreed with each other.

But I always with love, no? 😁

The Monkey thought it was all in fun Moose