Re: [OM] My First Real Camera, Leica IIIa

Subject: Re: [OM] My First Real Camera, Leica IIIa
From: Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 17:09:03 +0100
I share most of the feeling and experience with Wayne.

I started with a RF, went SLR because I wanted to use long FL, enjoyed the
split screen of the Contax, was somewhat disappointed with the tunnel vision of
the Pana L1, marvelled (and regret) the marvellous VF of the Leica R8 for its
unprecedented and still to be matched clarity, (breathe) managed to cope with
the EVF of the EX-1, and (even though it is WAY better) still myself
blind-shooting with the XT-2 so that I (breathe again) resort to the View
Camera Screen that tilts and swevels on its back … Done :-)

My point with RF/VF remains: I prefer to see through the lens than, sometimes,
see the lens through the VF ;-)

Amities

Philippe