Re: [OM] My First Real Camera, Leica IIIa

Subject: Re: [OM] My First Real Camera, Leica IIIa
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 20:31:58 -0600
I was happy with the rangefinder for about 10-12 years, and then my eyes began to weaken.  That drove me to test many used SLRs from various manufacturers.  For financial reasons, I never owned a Leica M, though I have a lot of respect for them and their lenses.  After buying in to the Oly 4/3 system, I found that Leica-R lens were reasonably priced and acquired a few.  These days, its mostly micro 4/3 and autofocus lenses, with occasional help from Fuji.  But I still fall back on the E-1 for its color.