Re: [OM] New additions to the Living History Farm

Subject: Re: [OM] New additions to the Living History Farm
From: Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 22:06:24 +0200
I had one of the first X 2 zoom lenses that Leica thought « acceptable » in
their eyes, it was called ANGENIEUX 35 x 2  f2.5  - Sold it a couple of years
back to a guy in Taiwan, but it is a lens I will ALWAYS remember as WOW - no
Canon, Nikon, Leica, Oly, Fuji ever matched its signature and bokeh, sorry for
me to say.

I also had the 70 x 3 of that brand - mine is. now in mainland China - which
immediately urged me to dump the leica equivalent I had, a b…y  pump zoom that
never was sharp, just as other brands' were too. Minolta design???

OTT - Oly zooms of that era when not as good, far from it. And Canon and even
worse Nikon’s (distortion, vignetting, etc) where hopeless …

I won’t get into second to nth grade Tamron or Vivitar or Tokina’s territories
… horrible memories of these … BAD, no EXCUSE whatsoever :-(

Amities

Philippe