Re: [OM] New additions to the Living History Farm

Subject: Re: [OM] New additions to the Living History Farm
From: "Pearce, Wilfred via olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2020 18:12:03 +0000
Cc: "Pearce, Wilfred" <pearce@xxxxxxxx>
I enjoyed reading the article, as it touched a point close to my heart. I think
that with exceptions, the internet has been a millstone about the neck of
photography, allowing everyone with a room temperature IQ to flood us with
stupidity. A big example is the quest for ultimate sharpness in  a photo,
delivered by the latest greatest lens. I have gotten sick of reading posts
about what is the sharpest lens for my latest camera of the month. No one that
makes these posts is able to recognise that, at the very least, when you get
the latest sharpest lens, it will be replaced in a few months by something
newer and sharper, and anyway, how does a sharp lens make photos better? Did
Cartier-Bresson always aim for ultimate sharpness?

Photography has been taken over by a crowd of technicians who lack any vision.