Re: [OM] New additions to the Living History Farm

Subject: Re: [OM] New additions to the Living History Farm
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 10:31:07 -0800
> I'm getting memory loss. The 14-35/2 lens needs the mmf-3 adapter for
> mirrorless.

All legacy Four-Thirds lenses use the mmf-2 or mmf-3 adapter. I
believe the mmf-2 lacks the weather-sealing gasket.

As to usage of these legacy lenses on m43 cameras, this is where the
better Olympus models have a distinct advantage. The Panasonic uses a
modified contrast-detect autofocus system which is gludgy slow. The
Olympus models that have phase-detect autofocus which keeps it
relatively snappy. I like the Panasonic for the bonus feature set,
video, and remote control, but the EM1 Mk2/3 is certainly the better
stills camera.

Speaking of snappy, I upgraded the firmware of the two SWD lenses and
that actually helped quite a bit. Supposably, the firmware upgrade was
to fix an issue with the E-5, but did have residual benefit with other
bodies.

AG Schnozz