Re: [OM] New additions to the Living History Farm

Subject: Re: [OM] New additions to the Living History Farm
From: "Pearce, Wilfred via olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2020 21:02:09 +0000
Cc: "Pearce, Wilfred" <pearce@xxxxxxxx>
As I think about it, they aren't stupid, they are ignorant. (there's a
difference between the two words, but most of us don't know it.) looking
critically (Critical Thinking. America's other great deficit.) at the
situation, it is the result of the intersection of public education and
politics. In our state, there are many mandates from the state legislature for
regular testing in the three traditional r's, leaving little time for more
subtle but necessary studies. Alas, a study about 10 years ago showed that a
good number of state legislators had but a high school education, and three
members that had not completed high school. But they knew the promise to get
elected every time, a promise that they, were they better educated, they would
know they could't fulfil.