Re: [OM] Reaching the Top

Subject: Re: [OM] Reaching the Top
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 18:09:02 -0800
> Every one of
> them finally found a reason to come back.

The winter cycle does get old as a person gets older. Photography is
certainly one of my main reasons to breathe air. If it wasn't for
that, I'm sure the pro/con equation looks different. Hunting/fishing
is what gives other people a reason to live. The other thing that
moves people away is family. Grandkids, and such. There comes a point
where people choose to be closer to family. This is legit. And it's
something we will have to contend with, but it also depends on where
our daughters end up landing. At this point, it's 50/50 if they will
ever make a home in the States.

Also, there is something else that we're extremely sensitive to, and
that's the house we live in. We are very picky about that and the
place has to have views and has to present a visual and aural
experience that isn't available elsewhere. It can be absolutely grubby
out with honking big chunks of snow falling. Instead of saying this
stinks, you have your nose pressed against the window and you're
saying "isn't that amazing?"

> Keep pointing fine glass at pretty scenery.   Maybe it will never get to
> become boring.

That's the plan, but I know that living here is for a while. I doubt
we'll be here in retirement, so I'm maximizing the experience. And if
my job situation changes, it's probably logical that we'll move.
Unless it's to Baltimore.

But can you BELIEVE that they actually PAY ME to live here?

AK Schnozz