Re: [OM] Reaching the Top

Subject: Re: [OM] Reaching the Top
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 02:05:56 -0700
On 9/2/2020 7:42 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
. . .
Alaska has some great views. But dealing with some of the other aspects of AK
living... I'm seeing places like the PNW as a more amenable place to live, and
scenic. Or even CO. Or maybe the coast of Maine...?  I grew up vacationing in
the Rockies. Here from summer 2018 hiking...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kBtmDX1XTs9zykWS8
heading up to Green Lake in Glacier Gorge, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xEn76z3cFseqYhTU8
and Green lake.

. . .

  From Green Lake I once (and younger) scrambled up the rocky slide to Pagoda
Mountain peak (13,497 feet), which is next to Longs Peak. Climbing the edge at
the top was not for those with fear of heights. I know what you mean by gnarly
stuff. Some peaks, or the way up, are jagged edges. Always best to be prepared.

You've seen MikeL's spectacular photos of the N. Cascades on the ground. We flew over them in a turboprop commuter plane in 2010. Parts of them are very steep and rugged. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/Montana_2011/In_the_Air&image=IMG_2162noof100.jpg>

And
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/Montana_2011/In_the_Air&image=IMG_2163oof40.jpg>

And
<vhttp://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/Montana_2011/In_the_Air&image=IMG_2161oof40.jpg>

Seem serious enough to me to take on AK for hiking and scenics. ;-)

 Three If By Air Moose