Re: [OM] Reaching the Top

Subject: Re: [OM] Reaching the Top
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2020 16:25:49 -0800
> Marnie and I both got poles for these Ryder Walker Inn to Inn hikes.  I often
> carry my smallest CF pod with them.  I got adjustable CF poles so can
> lengthen them for long downhills and shorten for long uphill slogs. Saves the
> joints
> and less apt to stumble when tired.   You can see Marnie's poles here--fixed
> length and Al but still valuable for 15mi days.

I was going to pick up a pair of CF poles at REI, but I just can't
quite make the dollars work in 2020 because of all the camera
expenditures this year. I've spent more on cameras and lenses than I
ever have. Five bodies and five lenses! Yowza. When I mentioned the
poles, I got "you have your ski poles".

I don't do many 15 mile days. I used to, but not so much any more. I
find 8-10 miles to be my comfort zone. And I'm rarely carrying much
weight, other than what is attached to the inside of my skin.

AG Schnozz