Re: [OM] Monochrome

Subject: Re: [OM] Monochrome
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2020 16:30:29 -0500
Thanks, Moose.  I use Monochromes because I think differently when I know
I'm shooting B&W.  I frame and expose for B&W instead of color.  It may
sound weird, but I can definitely tell the difference.  I love B&W and
would like to use Monochrome for a whole trip sometime.  Maybe when I
retire.

The Leica SL seems to be pretty waterproof.  It went under with the
Monochrome and is still working fine.

I can recommend an Aga as a new stove ;-)

Tina

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 4:17 PM Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 3/4/2020 7:47 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
> > Bad news from Leica today:
> >
> >    DEAR VALUED CUSTOMER, DUE TO THE EXTENT OF THE WATER DAMAGE TO YOUR
> > CAMERA, WE ARE NOT ABLE TO REPAIR IT. WE WILL BE RETURNING IT BACK TO YOU
> > WITH NO WORK PERFORMED. THANK YOU
> >
> > Guess I'll look at the new one.  :-(   When the stock market goes up!
>
> How sad! I would hate that.
>
> Leica doesn't do watertight? Should do, for those prices. There are a lot
> of highly watertight cameras out there. I
> recall a guy with the original Oly E-M5 and 12-50 mm lens posting shots
> taken underwater in his pool. Don't know how
> long that worked, but a dunk in a river, etc. is no problem.
>
> Of course, I'm shooting with weatherproof lenses and non-sealed bodies, as
> the sealed ones are bigger and heavier.
> Worked fine in the rain in Zion; I just kept the body under a rain hat
> when not actually shooting.
>
> Looking at the images you post, I do wonder why you bother with a
> monochrome body. The SL images convert to mono very
> nicely. Nostalgic connection to M rangefinders?
>
> The only Range I'm interested in Finding is a new stove, maybe. :-)
>
> Feeling Your Pain Moose Moose
>
> --
> --

Tina Manley