Re: [OM] Monochrome

Subject: Re: [OM] Monochrome
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2020 13:16:41 -0800
On 3/4/2020 7:47 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
Bad news from Leica today:

   DEAR VALUED CUSTOMER, DUE TO THE EXTENT OF THE WATER DAMAGE TO YOUR
CAMERA, WE ARE NOT ABLE TO REPAIR IT. WE WILL BE RETURNING IT BACK TO YOU
WITH NO WORK PERFORMED. THANK YOU

Guess I'll look at the new one.  :-(   When the stock market goes up!

How sad! I would hate that.

Leica doesn't do watertight? Should do, for those prices. There are a lot of highly watertight cameras out there. I recall a guy with the original Oly E-M5 and 12-50 mm lens posting shots taken underwater in his pool. Don't know how long that worked, but a dunk in a river, etc. is no problem.

Of course, I'm shooting with weatherproof lenses and non-sealed bodies, as the sealed ones are bigger and heavier. Worked fine in the rain in Zion; I just kept the body under a rain hat when not actually shooting.

Looking at the images you post, I do wonder why you bother with a monochrome body. The SL images convert to mono very nicely. Nostalgic connection to M rangefinders?

The only Range I'm interested in Finding is a new stove, maybe. :-)

Feeling Your Pain Moose Moose