Re: [OM] Best way to catch up with PS CC vs CS6

Subject: Re: [OM] Best way to catch up with PS CC vs CS6
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2020 14:47:45 -0800

On 1/2/2020 12:28 AM, Frank wrote:
Well, he mentioned an LR / PS subscription

Pedant Alert!

Cognitive dissonance: How does the request in the subject line, "Best way to catch up with PS CC vs CS6" suggest that an old time PS user who wants to learn the latest changes to PS suggest that he should switch to LR?

Pedantry past.
=============
Rant Warning!

and for me as a photographer it
makes sense to go to LR first, only then PS if LR is not enough  ;-).

It's this idea that PS is somehow just a more powerful, but mysterious and dangerous, step up from LR that leads to a lot on confusion and frustration. They use fundamentally different paradigms to approach image editing. Anyone approaching PS as though it's just LR on steroids is likely to be frustrated and miss out on the breadth of capabilities.

Skates and bicycles both involve using body power and wheels to cover distance. Yet, the skills from one are little or no help in mastering the other. If one wishes to cover the most distance with the least effort, one is clearly far superior.

As someone who started with PS before LR existed, I think editing in LR is like knitting wearing boxing gloves, an exercise in frustration, dropped stitches and ultimate futility.

Yes, I've done it*, out of curiosity and/or to help LR infested friends duplicate things I've done in PS. No, not a convert, I still don't like it - - boxing gloves.

End Rant

Moose D'Opinion

* No, not knitting. :-)