Re: [OM] Pen and pad

Subject: Re: [OM] Pen and pad
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 07:01:26 -0700
At 5/15/2019 10:07 PM, Moose wrote:
>On 5/15/2019 6:40 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
>>I had a larger version, but never used it. Should have kept it, along with
>>many other things I thought I didn't need... Like Win 7.
>
>I have 7 on my desktop and 10 on the portable. I far prefer 7. It gets along
>with lots more old stuff; there is no Wacom driver for my tablet for W10, and
>has the virtual XP machine I need (ed?).
>
>>I have been looking through my old drives and VMs to possibly get my copystar
>>laser printer working (with ledger size printing) and document scanner.
>>Nothing works on Win 10 anymore. All the cheap inkjet printers can't scan
>>more than a couple of pages without jamming. The CS could handle 50 pages.
>>Was really handy during tax season and getting documents into PDF.
>>
>>Ken has me looking again at the Yoga laptop as an input device.
>>
>>Is the arm fatigue due to not being able to rest the palm?
>
>Hard to say. It's not like I'm used to using it. Hovering to locate the
>cursor, then touching to do anything is not something I'm used to. I was
>working across large distances of the screen.
>
>I do know that when I got up, a muscle in my back ached. I think I can still
>feel a twinge there now. Unplugged again.

I ordered a Bamboo to see what I can do with the yoga laptop my wife had.
(thanks Ken)  I may try a pad also. if I figure anything out, such whether a
glove helps, I'll let you know. I remember the puck was like an absolute mouse,
but you could rest your hand on it.

Take care of your self. My wife used to help people all the time with the back.
She did not need to do hard movements, but people would get off the table and
ask "how did you do that?" and she would just smile back. She hated
chiropractors in general as they caused more long term problem than the short
term fix. She knew craniosacral therapy and much more.

WayneS