Re: [OM] Win7 Is Us!

Subject: Re: [OM] Win7 Is Us!
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 07:18:27 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     The US Robotics 5633 modem I bought for usage for Linux worked out so well
with WinXP that I bought another one.  I seem to be getting slightly faster
connection speeds, which does not surprise me much as it was made back in the
day when dialup was all that was available, so good performance sold product.

     I have one Win7 machine fully up and running, and a second one is on hold
as it needs more RAM as 512M simply isn't enough.  The earlier Win7 HD that
crashed ran fine with 1G, and the new Win7 machine has the maximum of 2G.  I
can buy new 2G RAM (a pair of 1G cards) for less than $US10, and it should be
here on Tuesday.

     Microsoft may already be pulling support for Win7.  I had to go to
Oldapps.com to get the installation package for IE10.  I can run IE10 on Win7
with just 512M of RAM, but not Firefox 51.

Chris