Re: [OM] IMG: Ultimate Super Bowl Party Tray

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Ultimate Super Bowl Party Tray
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 12:24:41 -0800
On 2/6/2016 12:18 PM, John Hudson wrote:
I ran a YouTube video this pm of Renee Fleming singing at the 2014 Super Bowl. I doubt anyone on this planet could outdo her voice !

On 2/8/2016 8:29 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
I certainly thought that Lady Gaga nailed it. My wife, who was a
professional musician, was even more impressed. She did the
near-impossible. She made it "personal" for everyone.

Sorry, John and Bob, but that was a much better performance than Ms. Fleming's. I won't argue pure vocal quality, even if it were meaningful.

The relatively straightforward, only v. slightly mannered rendition, the power and ease with the high notes (she even played around up there, for fun) and relating/selling it to the audience gives it to Gaga, hands down.

It isn't all about pretty voice for me, anyway. Willie Nelson probably can't sing if he's not high*, so he's out for the SuperCleanBowl, but he'd get my vote. :-)

Vocal Conundra Moose

* How would one know?