Re: [OM] IMG: Ultimate Super Bowl Party Tray

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Ultimate Super Bowl Party Tray
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 21:12:58 -0800
On 2/9/2016 1:34 PM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
I highly recommend you folks get your hands on a copy of Ethan Hawke's
excellent documentary Seymour, An Introduction. The subject is Seymour
Bernstein, a classical pianist of considerable renown, particularly as a
teacher. I will not even attempt to summarize how illuminating this biography
is, but it has much worth hearing, not only for those of a musical persuasion,
but for artists of any level or ilk, even photographers.

I had the pleasure of attending a screening of this film here on the Midcoast,
and was delighted to find myself seated across the aisle from Mr Bernstein. He
is delightful, witty, and wise. And oh, them hands!

What is it about Maine? Our friend on Mt. Desert has introduced us to her friend, an elderly Japanese pianist now retired from the international circuit and keeps threatening to get us to a local concert.

Then we saw/heard George Lopez play an Excellent Goldberg (not the comic,
although an amusing guy) at Bowdoin College.

Now you've got a Bernstein ...

Well, all sorts of folks, famous and not so play around here, if we'd bother to go. :-) I was just looking at a flier including concerts by Nelson Freire, who has apparently been plating the piano since we were both three, and world famous since his London debut in 1967 - and I've never heard of him.

Wikipedia says "In general, Freire tends to avoid the limelight, publicity, and
interviews." So that's my excuse. ;-)

No Fingers* Moose

* A little in joke.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus. This is a perfect mobile device. Any perceived
errors in spelling, grammar, or logic are figments of your imagination.