Re: [OM] it's been a long time

Subject: Re: [OM] it's been a long time
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 10:50:42 -0800
On 1/25/2016 9:41 AM, Richard Lovison wrote:

On 1/25/2016 12:55 AM, Moose wrote:

Sounds about right. We are often out in the woods on one side of the continent or other, between or excursions around the West in our Turtle and a month in New England each fall. I don't think we had our Turtle when you were last here? <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Marin%2C_Sonoma%2C_Mendocino_Coast/Albion&image=_MG_9139ia.jpg>

No, I don't recall seeing that vehicle. Can you sleep in it?

Yup. It's like a tiny house, for two people who like each other. :-)

This video is of the year and model we have. It seems obsessive about the front cabin, and doesn't show the rear bench down as a bed. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYmWnhvMOSc>

The latest version is here. <http://www.pleasureway.com/pleasure-way-ascent/>

I don't like the square, dark cabinetry nearly as much as what we have, and a few interior details have changed, not all for the better, for our use. They are not cheap; there are larger, cheaper Class Bs on domestic chassis, but without the Mercedes van* and the wonderful quality of materials and fit and finish of the conversion of this one. The Mercedes Diesel gets much better mileage than the gas engines in most others. We paid about half the current MSRP for a very slightly used one; basically, it had been driven about 6,000 miles and the bathroom used, everything else untouched.

We went with a short chassis, 19', for a couple of reasons beyond price. It fits in the space next to our driveway, so we don't have to store it elsewhere, which I think is a BIG deal. Also, although we have occasionally stayed at those cheek by jowl RV parks, on our way somewhere, we mostly stay in City/County/State/Federal parks. Many of those camp sites were designed for tent camping, and you can't use larger RVs in them. Waking up to wildish outdoors is far nicer than a view of the giant RV next door.

Likely too rich for your blood these days, but it might be useful to know that 15 year (at least??) financing is available for RVs, and the interest is tax deductible as a second home.

It's the off season for RVing, daylight just too short for real enjoyment, but now you've got me itching to get out. Maybe I'll go out and sit in it for a while. :-)

Travelin' Moose

* Life is odd. Ours is labeled Dodge RAM, but pure made in Germany Mercedes underneath the labels, a legacy of Mercedes short, unhappy ownership or Chrysler. Current models are labeled Mercedes, made by them in USA.