Re: [OM] IMG: Two More of the Gulf Fritillary

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Two More of the Gulf Fritillary
From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 16:07:31 -0400
You make that old girl sing, Jim. I got as far as breaking down, and
cleaning my OMZ 50/3.5 Macro and mounting it on the E-1, but haven't been
out at all. Judi fell a couple of weeks ago. She was in so much pain we
were terrified that she might have broken her hip. Multiple x-rays and two
scans later, the docs decided on several compression fractures of the lower
spine.
Whew! No surgery, but 2-to-3 months rest while she heals.
That's if my cooking do doesn't do her in.

On Aug 27, 2015 2:29 PM, "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks, Philippe.  Both shot in RAW, as always, but the E-1 low pixel
count makes cropping a crap shoot, forcing me to get as close as possible.
Too close, and the b'fly flies off.  I tried a little Neat Image to clean
up the noise, but I kept the amount very limited.

> Bright sunlight seems to give me a lot of trouble.  Lower light levels
work better.

> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA
>
> On 8/27/2015 1:23 PM, Philippe wrote:
>>
>> from here - iMac set at mid luminosity
>> #1 looks over cooked - highlights and red channel off on the flower and
very noisy background (artifacts due to shooting JEPG and cropping?)
>> #2 looks ultra luminous, crystal rendition, but really OK
>>
>> Hope this helps
>>
>> Amities
>> Philippe
>>

>> Le 27 août 2015 à 20:13, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>>
>>> Thanks, Philippe.
>>>
>>> I just compared a print with what I see on my screen, and consequently
reduced my screen brightness from 25% to 20%, to raise the brightness of my
output images.  Would you care to comment on how these two looked to you?

>>> Jim Nichols
>>> Tullahoma, TN USA

sure enough, the Gulf Fritillary was still around.  I concentrated on the
underside of the wings.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Gulf+Fritillary+802.tif.html

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Gulf+Fritillary+791.TIFF.html