Re: [OM] IMG: Two More of the Gulf Fritillary

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Two More of the Gulf Fritillary
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 15:45:37 -0700
On 8/27/2015 1:16 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
Rick,

Thanks for taking time to look.

I'm certainly sorry to hear of your wife's fall. That is a continuous worry at our age. It's good to hear that surgery isn't required, but that doesn't lessen the pain. Here's wishing her the best, especially enduring your cooking. No matter how hard I tried, my wife would not accept what I did as "cooking". I just couldn't plan it to all come together at the same time, and never got the nuances of seasoning properly mastered. I hope you are more successful.

Through various domestic phases of my life, I've been the primary cook in my households since about 1970. I don't know how much of timing is organization and planning and how much simple experience. I do know stuff I cook almost always comes out done at the same time, but not exactly how I "do" that.

I also seem to have a reasonably good sense of that to add and how much, to get the result I want, verified by other eaters. :-) But I work largely by eye for seasoning.

Season of the Moose