Re: [OM] ***SPAM*** Re: Exposure compensation dial MOOSE

Subject: Re: [OM] ***SPAM*** Re: Exposure compensation dial MOOSE
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 03:57:40 -0700
On 9/25/2014 3:34 AM, philippe.amard wrote:

Le 25 sept. 14 à 11:58, Moose a écrit :

On 9/24/2014 12:41 PM, philippe.amard wrote:
Unsure I was clear - I never mentioned a "separate" dial. A dedicated one is
enough I agree.

Not sure I understand. If it's dedicated to one function, it's separate.

dedicated means you can opt out and use it for a different function in my mind - separate means it's a one function wheel/switch, here exposure compensation.

Pesky English usage. :-) The distinction you make is not meaningful to my mind. If unmarked and usable for Exposure comp or other things, I'd call it programmable, not dedicated. If marked for Exposure comp., but programmable for other things, I'd think it would cause confusion endlessly, whatever called.

To my mind there are programmable and dedicated/separate. Of course, I 'talk'
'Murkin English ...

I prefer separate, but dedicated makes perfect sense to me too, hence my
agreement with you.

Yes, any misunderstanding is purely linguistic, not practical.

Amer Eng Moose