Re: [OM] ()M) A question of ethics

Subject: Re: [OM] ()M) A question of ethics
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 13:25:16 -0500
I think there's a big mistake in assumptions here.  I don't think Brian
has any intention of mimicing "optically-enlarged 6x17 film".  He
intends to "make small panorama shots".  Your statement essentially says
that it's impossible for digital to compare with film since the
"sophisticated buyers will know the difference easily".  Who says
Brian's intended customers are "sophisticated buyers" of film only
images?  I think those buying small prints in an outdoor park are just
looking for a pretty picture to hang on the wall.  I think Bob Whitmire
would be surprised to know that he and his Nikon can't compete with
film.  I think Brian's E3 can make beautiful images as well.  And
constructed panoramas are fine in order to to produce a moderately large
image without stretching the limits of the small sensor.

Chuck Norcutt