Re: [OM] ()M) A question of ethics

Subject: Re: [OM] ()M) A question of ethics
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 13:28:52 -0800
What I don't see in any of this discussion is talk of time. Ken seems to
have his materials cost calculated, but what about time? How much time
is spent creating the prints, to say nothing of getting the shot, or
spending a gorgeous weekend sitting at a fair selling (or not) your
work. In addition to materials cost you want to factor in your time. (To
say nothing of equipment space in your house, ect.)

I occasionally wander the isles of many of these fairs or markets and it
strikes me that the vast majority of these folks are loosing money if
their time is worth anything. How many $50.00 prints do you need to sell
on a given Saturday to cover not only the materials cost but the travel,
cost of the fair and the 8 hours you spend sitting there?  I wonder if
most people doing this have any idea.

Jim Couch