Re: [OM] ()M) A question of ethics

Subject: Re: [OM] ()M) A question of ethics
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 07:23:20 +1300

I wrote:

I DO have a Canon S9000 printer (which I got virtually
for a song) which I have not fired up seriously. Somebody in this list
told me I should use encapsulating paper in this printer but I have not
investigated availability, sizes and price for the paper.

Ken advised:

At this point, absolutely not. My old S9000 prints are still holding
up, but the latest papers aren't actually as good because of
manufacturing cost savings and the fact that all the development has
migrated to pigment.

At this point I'm a bit lost in the discussion.
What papers were used in your old S9000 prints? Is encapsulating paper
over-promoted? What papers could be recommended?

Thanks in advance,
Brian