Re: [OM] ()M) A question of ethics

Subject: Re: [OM] ()M) A question of ethics
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 01:01:12 +1300

Ken wrote;

Brian,

Before knee-jerking on this and not ever
trying it again, I would do
another couple of shows. However, do
experiment with some other items
to see what gets the sales. You need to
establish yourself, for one
thing, as a lot of these photographers,
artists and craftspeople have
a following that has taken years to
develop.

Something else got my attention:

A large part due
frustration at being nearly quite unable to persuade ANY gallery to
hang
my work, and being desperately interested in sharing what I
like
creating.

This is telling me that there is something else going
on in your
prints that is not "connecting" with the viewer. I know that
galleries
are looking for two things: Is it something that will sell? Is
it
unique/original? I know how my own stuff sells (and doesn't).
It's
weird, because the stuff I really like and am proud of won't
budge.
Stuff that is BORING to me is what sells. I've learned to shoot
both
types through the years.

 --

Ken
Norton

Most
galleries here will not touch anything photographic.

It's got to be
pottery/oil-acrylic-watercolour paint/collages/found items assembled
into art/linocuts/screen prints/line-drawings/moulded-spun glassware/ or
check out

http://www.cleverbastards.co.nz/profile/ANDI-REGAN/14275‎;

Brian = sent using hotel wifi in Hokitika