Re: [OM] IMG: Mockingbird, Then and Now

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Mockingbird, Then and Now
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 10:56:43 -0500
AFAIK, ACR's NR is for use before capture sharpening which is to be done
on the raw file at high magnification (>100%).  If you are using Neat
Image does that imply that you are using it in PS for noise reduction
*after* you passed through ACR and balance/exposure adjustments?

Perhaps I'm working backwards.  I've always assumed that ACR NR was the
first processing step.  On reflection that may not be right since I
think the tools are typically arranged in the tabs according to order of
usage (ignoring iterative back and forth).  Maybe I have to adjust my
total workflow to use NR after exposure adjustments.  Using it first,
before exposure adjustments may be the real reason I see little effect
from NR.  Duh?

Chuck Norcutt