[OM] PhotoShop Elements 12, was: Does software choice matter in produci

Subject: [OM] PhotoShop Elements 12, was: Does software choice matter in producing image "quality" ?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 07:07:07 -0500
Hmm.  Glad I asked.  I did a quick search and did not find "big brother"
type concerns.  But the place I did look was Amazon reviews of the
product.  Although there are many positive #5 and #4 reviews I was
astonished at the number of #1 (very negative) reviews.  I read all of
them and then I became even more astonished.  There are some very
unhappy users of Windows 7 whose systems were damaged by the attempted
installation of PSE 12.  Some were so serious as to require total
restoration of the system and applications.  On a less serious note,
some of those who had made a generally positive review, while happy with
new functions such as content aware move, were upset over the
dumbing-down of the ACR functions from what was in PSE 11.  A
dumbed-down ACR was not what I was looking for.

Anyhow, I have emailed Adorama and asked that I be allowed to return the
unopened package.  While I only wanted to evaluate PSE 12 I was looking
forward to adding video editing with the included Premiere Elements app.
  But I will not take the risk of clobbering my system.  This package
will never be installed.

Chuck Norcutt