Re: [OM] (OT) MIcrosoft computer question

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) MIcrosoft computer question
From: <r.burnette@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 17:54:38 -0400
Cc: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Chuck:

Finally got it. IE > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Uncheck Enable
third-party browser extensions. Unfortunately, that disables all third party
extensions so you can't set up a custom browser bar. Manage Add-ons is locked
out. That's a small price to pay for getting rid of that annoying pop-in ad and
its pop-up companions. Btw--I downloaded Adobe's latest Flash Player and
Firefox now loads correctly. Both browsers work well, but I have to say that in
a speed loading contest, IE 10 wins by a long shot. It is a pleasure to work
with after that cursed ad is gone.

One day I'd like to discover how to disable that one pop-in script. I think
that the pop-up blocker would handle most of the others.

Thanks for your help.

Robert