Re: [OM] (OT) MIcrosoft computer question

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) MIcrosoft computer question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 19:19:06 -0400
You didn't say whether you had tried to follow my instructions using
"Manage add-ons".  Since disabling *all* third party extensions kills
the pop-up ad machine then that proves that it is a third party
extension.  Your task is to find out which one it is and disable only
that one using "Manage add-ons".  It shouldn't be difficult.  Let's say
your find 10 there.  Probably 1/2 dozen of the 10 are easily identified
by funtion name or name of the responsible company (Microsoft, Adobe,
etc).  Ignore those 6 and disable 2 of the 4 remaining ones.  If the
problem went away then turn one of the two back on and see if the
problem comes back.  If it didn't go away you know it's one of the other
two.  Just keep narrowing it down.

ps:  I can't notice any significant difference between Firefox and IE in
page load times.  Are you running Firefox 23.0.1?

Chuck Norcutt