Re: [OM] Camera Bracket Holder Hand Grip F Olympus OM D E M5 Ballhead Qu

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera Bracket Holder Hand Grip F Olympus OM D E M5 Ballhead Quick Release Plate | eBay
From: "Ian Manners" <void@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 13:59:59 +0800 (WST)
Hi Chuck,

<http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111120092561>

> Interesting.  I have no idea what the large, open rectangle
> on the end is for.

As John said, battery access.

Other neat bits, the bar for strap attachment on the bottom
that also includes space for the strap buckle.

I could be wrong but the groove's look like they will
fit my tripods quick release slot. Also notice the tripod
mount hole on the left end, the left end can also be
removed by undoing two screws.

Also as John mentioned, the dimbles on the inside of the
grip I suspect are suppost to maintain a small clearance
but I'd grind them off and cover the surface with something
thin and soft as the Olympus grip has so as not to mark
the OMD.

The more I look at it the more I'm kicking myself for
missing it.

Cheers
Ian Manners
Of nowhere in particular.