Re: [OM] Train Crash

Subject: Re: [OM] Train Crash
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 10:54:08 +0100
That's not quite correct, Chris (although it's an understandable
misinterpretation).

Here's a high-def image:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/ff/RENFE_Class_730_Viaducto_
Martin_Gil.jpg

The rolling stock is indeed articulated, but the wheelset between each coach
is not on an axle!

A couple of videos from the manufacturer. This is without any commentary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SqX_13cPk0M

This has an explanation of the wheelset concept at 2:44 onwards:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OF7krSxJ71A

Piers