[OM] Camera Bracket Holder Hand Grip F Olympus OM D E M5 Ballhead Quick

Subject: [OM] Camera Bracket Holder Hand Grip F Olympus OM D E M5 Ballhead Quick Release Plate | eBay
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 11:02:41 -0400
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Camera-Bracket-Holder-Hand-Grip-f-Olympus-OM-D-E-M5-Ballhead-Quick-Release-Plate-/261212248838?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

I just mentioned this fine grip in my last post.  I really do like it.
It's aluminum and very light weight and offers the hand a comfortable
and very sure grip on the camera.  My only regret is that I had thought
from the pictures that it properly centered the tripod screw... but it
does not.  It does move it to the center of the body (front to back) but
does not center it right to left.  The original mount point is about
10mm off-center.  The grip reduces that to about 5mm off center on the
opposite side.

I had originally purchased this from JB Designs on Amazon
<http://www.amazon.com/Grip-Base-Olympus-OM-D-E-M5/dp/B009V71HEQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374763801&sr=8-1&keywords=olympus+om-d+E-m5+grip>

but the first unit I received was defective.  The locating pin on the
grip was misplaced by about 1mm toward the front which caused the
vertical part of the grip to tilt outward from the body.  It was
cheerfully replaced with pre-paid UPS return shipping but I wasn't
totally happy with the grip.  There was nothing really wrong with it
but, after seeing the unit on ebay, I thought I might like it better
despite it being slightly heavier.  I think the ebay aluminum casting is
a more robust thing than the hand poured plastic/rubber thing from JB
Designs.  But I think it's probably a very personal thing and your
mileage may vary.  But I surely do like mine.

Maybe I should also check out their Arca-Swiss compatible QR plate
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quick-Release-Plate-for-Camera-Lens-Tripod-Mount-Ring-RRS-SUNWAYFOTO-Ball-Head-/251279920055?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a81734bb7>

Chuck Norcutt