Re: [OM] Camera Bracket Holder Hand Grip F Olympus OM D E M5 Ballhead Qu

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera Bracket Holder Hand Grip F Olympus OM D E M5 Ballhead Quick Release Plate | eBay
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:12:01 -0500
On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Chuck Norcutt <
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Camera-Bracket-Holder-Hand-Grip-f-Olympus-OM-D-E-M5-Ballhead-Quick-Release-Plate-/261212248838?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160
>
>   My only regret is that I had thought
> from the pictures that it properly centered the tripod screw... but it
> does not.  It does move it to the center of the body (front to back) but
> does not center it right to left.  The original mount point is about
> 10mm off-center.  The grip reduces that to about 5mm off center on the
> opposite side.
>
> Dang.  Just looking at the photos, that was my first thought - that it
centered the hole.  Would save me from having to have a custom-machined
mounting block made for my Panosaurus.  Oh, well.

> I had originally purchased this from JB Designs on Amazon
> <
> http://www.amazon.com/Grip-Base-Olympus-OM-D-E-M5/dp/B009V71HEQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374763801&sr=8-1&keywords=olympus+om-d+E-m5+grip
> >
> but the first unit I received was defective.  The locating pin on the
>
> That's the one I have.  Mine fits just fine.  What I'd really love,
though, is a grip that centers the dang mounting hole with the lens axis...

It does feel a little cheesier than I originally thought, but I'm used to
it now.

--

Paul Braun  WD9GCO
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard