Re: [OM] (OM) OT another to my list of questions

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT another to my list of questions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 12:05:12 -0700
On 6/11/2013 10:09 AM, C.H.Ling wrote:
> Excel is not a database program, if you put image files inside the
> worksheet, the file will be very large and very slow to work with.

BAD idea.

> I just start playing with Picasa, it looks good. To make things simple you
> should put all your images in one folder (with sub-folders inside) and set
> the searching for this folder only otherwise it will search all your
> connected hard disks.

Not necessary. You may flag each drive, folder, sub-folder to be searched once,
never, regularly, whatever.

> Also, make sure you turn off the face detection, it runs very slow.

Turning off face detection, yes. But no matter what the settings, it would run
a very long time for Tina. She already
has her catalog in LR. I can't imagine any reason to switch down to Picasa.

> You can set captions for each image, it can be found with search at no time.

Yes, the search function is quick.

I would hesitate to spend many hours adding keywords without finding out if the
database may be read by other software
and/or converted to the format of other indexing products.

Indexed Moose