Re: [OM] (OM) OT another to my list of questions

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT another to my list of questions
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 10:15:08 +0100
Regarding the use of Excel, I subscribe to the thoughtful insight expressed
so economically by Moose - MADNESS.

Regarding IdeaList, I would not have suggested it if I had thought it was
going to cost GBP170 for a discontinued and unsupported piece of 20 year old
software. Did you notice that I said "there are orphaned versions available.
You might like to look here:
http://osbloggery.blogspot.co.uk/2007/12/after-idealist.html for some
reasonably up-to-date news from IdeaList users". I had originally drafted a
much longer response, with other references (including one which clarifies
that IdeaList is the Windows successor to Archivist) but thought it better
to give you just the important link. Had you followed that link, you would
have found several links to downloadable versions 3 and 5, as well as links
to the manual, and numerous reports of successful installation. All for
GBP0. Granted, installation under Windows 7 x64 takes a bit of cunning, but
I can confirm that it does work (how? Because, not wanting to send you on a
fruitless search, I checked and installed it before posting the link!).

But now you have an offer from Philippe of Lightroom for next to nothing.

I know which I would go for.

But I suspect I also know what you will do!

Piers

PS I'll save you the trouble of following the link.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62208205/IDEAL3.EXE and
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62208205/Idealist%20Manual.pdf