Re: [OM] (OM) OT another to my list of questions

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT another to my list of questions
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 11:18:32 +1200
Philippe wrote:>
> I'm unsure of what you want to achieve - fast retrieval of photo files? Ph
>
> Le 11 juin 13 ? 14:02, Brian Swale a ?crit :
>
> > Thanks for all the suggestions.
> >
> > I have just this afternoon realised that I have a perfectly good
> > answer right
> > here installed on my machine.

Philippe, fast retrieval of photos selected using a user-generated set of
criteria is what I want..
Supposing I want to see a set of images of autumn, beside a lake, in
France; it should be able to retrieve a set of images that meet that set of
search conditions.

Provided the database was set up to sort the files with those named
conditions. With Excel the set of conditions can be amended infinitely.
As it could with Archivist.

Piers mentioned the program IdeaList. Last night I could find only one copy
and it was priced at 170 quid (GBP). I don't need one at that price with so
many other higher priorities needing my cash ... :-)  But thanks for the
suggestion. I was previously quite unaware of this program.

Brian Swale