Re: [OM] Comparing E-400 and E-410 Photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Comparing E-400 and E-410 Photos
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 20:38:55 -0400
I have to be careful here (and Moose probably knows) but I think that
ACR may have profiles for each camera and manage each a bit differently.
  But when you get to Auto WB you're really talking about that
particular camera's conversion from raw to JPEG.  If you're still taking
in the raw file which is now *marked* as Auto WB instead of *converted*
then neither camera's conversion firmware has entered the picture yet.
ACR picks up a raw file, sees Auto WB and provides its own
interpretation of what that means.  Since the results are very similar
either the raw data from both sensors must be very similar or else ACR
discovers them to be similar after first passing each one's data through
the custom profiles by body type.

Chuck Norcutt (who had been know to be wrong at least once)