[OM] Some OM-D E-M5 action photos

Subject: [OM] Some OM-D E-M5 action photos
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 21:54:20 -0400
Here's a set of photos of my oldest grandson's soccer game in High
Point, North Carolina.  Shot on April 6 on the trip back home from Florida.

Unlike the stock car racing shots where I had trouble with the EVF
display "tearing" during fast motion I had no such trouble here.
Perhaps the action was slower than the race cars but I had also set the
EVF this time for faster response.  I also set the IS for horizontal
panning which hadn't been done with the cars which might also have been
a factor then.

The lens used for all shots was the 14-150/4-5.6.  All shots were at ISO
400 and f/5.6 in AV mode with no compensation (hazy light).  There are
20 shots here selected from a total of 70.  Half of the total (35) were
shot at 150mm (300mm equiv).  There were 7 focus failures (focus
generally somewhere behind on the fans rather than players) and all were
at 150mm for a focus failure rate of 20% for motion shots at the long
end.  I think that's not too bad considering the fast motion and shallow
DoF at 150mm.

Every image here has been cropped to some degree, most at about 1/3 to
1/4 of the frame with a few smaller than that.  They have been exposure
and shadow/highlight adjusted in ACR as well as given a clarity bump.
No other processing in ACR.  All of the images were cropped to 4x6 ratio
and resized for possible printing.  No other changes except the slight
sharpening applied by BreezeBrowser in resizing the 4x6 images for this
web display.

<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/Alex%27s%20soccer%20game%20-%20Apr%206,%202013/index.htm>