Re: [OM] OT: Air-source Heat Pump?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Air-source Heat Pump?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 20:24:06 -0600
What you guys are discussing is the classic issue of proper air
circulation. High-efficiency furnaces do output a lower-temperature
which requires more air-replacement. With a high-temperature furnace
the hot air enters the room from the ducts, mixes with the existing
air and essentially warms the overall temperature of the room air.
With a lower-temperature output, you are swapping out the cool air
with warmer air.

We're learning the nuances of our solar house and if we want to
maximize the effect of the solar gain, we turn the blower on which
balances the temperature throughout the entire house--reducing the
cold spots. We're still trying to figure out how to keep the upper and
lower zones matched in temperature, but so far, we're struggling with
a 3 to 5 degree shift if we have the door and window open to the
downstairs. Previous owners gave us some hints, but everybody lives
differently.

It'll be nice when we get the gas fireplace fixed. :)

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx