Re: [OM] JUST LIKE FILM...

Subject: Re: [OM] JUST LIKE FILM...
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 20:40:54 -0600
> Interesting.  As a kid of 12-13 I would sometimes visit my friend's
> grandmother's farm in Fremont a short distance to the east.  But back
> then I probably wouldn't even have been able to locate it on a map.  My
> sole vivid memory from the time is being attacked by a nest of yellow
> jackets whose nest I had seriously disturbed.  They were very decidedly
> unhappy with me for sticking a "spear" into their nest.  :-)

Fremont (home of Gerber) is culturally quite different. There is a
forest between Whitehall and Fremont, as well as some river and marsh
terrain so there is no direct way to get between the two towns. It's
easy to go north-south, but east-west is difficult throughout much of
the Lower Peninsula. As close as the two towns are, they are different
worlds.

Yellow jackets are VERY common around there. As are bumble bees the
size of A-380 aircraft.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx