Re: [OM] IMG: From the Airport - Again

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: From the Airport - Again
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 21:25:45 -0700
On 7/21/2012 4:31 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> Hi Moose,
>
> Thanks for looking and commenting.  I like your "Old Glory" winglet.  Very
> sharp, and perfectly framed.

Thanks! I thought since I would be taking a lot of shots where I worked to keep
it out of the frame, I might as well
dedicate one to it. And I liked the light.

> I have done some searching and reading about the 1978 Leica Elmarit-R 28mm.
> The main knock on it was fall-off in the corners.  Since I am using it on
> the E-1, the corner problem goes away.  As I see it, I have the field of
> view of a 56mm, with the DOF of a 28mm.  While focusing with the VF is
> difficult, it can be done, but, with the forgiving DOF, and good scales on
> the lens, zone focusing is a breeze.  Add a little FM to the workflow, and I
> like the images that I am getting.

So far, I think it works well with the E-1's particular imaging
characteristics. Some camera/film/lens combos are just
nicer.

> The dragonfly image is overcropped and over processed, but I just wanted to
> salvage the moment somehow.  Nothing I'm really proud of.............

Why not? Lots of very famous images are more luck than skill. I like the
juxtaposition. I don't know if it's possible in
PSE; in other convertor/editors, it's possible to get the benefits of the
perking up tools without halos.

> Good luck with the OM-D deal.  Sounds like you made some nice choices.

Thanks, I hope so.

Hovering Moose