Re: [OM] Leaked Canyon EOS-M

Subject: Re: [OM] Leaked Canyon EOS-M
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 21:04:24 -0700
On 7/20/2012 4:46 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Canyon's late answer to MILC:
>
> http://www.canonwatch.com/first-image-of-the-canon-18-55mm-lens-for-the-new-mirrorless-camera-it-means-its-an-aps-c-sensor-camera/
>
> http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/07/new-canon-eos-m-with-ef-m-mount/
>
> Details have been leaking out over the past couple weeks.  Wasn't clear
> if would be G1x sensor or APS-c--appears to be the latter.  No EVF and
> lack of physical controls look like major limitations.

It's the new, super secret until now, ORCA camera, with SSIMM control system.

In Mode One, the Super Smart Intuitive Mind Meld system reads the
photographer's mind, makes adjustments based on the
realities of the measured subject parameters, sets focus and aperture
accordingly, and takes the shot, often before the
user would have managed to do so.

In Mode Two, the camera constantly scans the user's surroundings and, using
mind control, directs the user to point it
in the direction of the most photogenic subject(s) available. If there is
nothing worth shooting, the user will relocate
to satisfy the camera's esthetic needs.

With the Decisive Moment Add-in (extra cost), the camera will control shots of
active subjects for ideal capture.

> Perhaps there will be an external EVF--we'll see Monday. I have no clue where
> this fits in by doesn't seem to be even close  in features/design to the OM-D.

Unless I am right above, distinctly uninteresting looking. If I am right above,
I'll be taking drawing classes, hoping
to work up to more challenging media. :-)

> The mount name does imply some backwards compatibility to EF  mount lenses.
> Lenses  designed for PDAF don't seem to behave very well though  using
> CDAF--CDAF designed lenses seem to work just fine for PDAF.

 From your mouth to the Canon designers ears.

> It does look  small.

Like a big G series with interchangeable lens.

> I don't think Moose will cancel his order

Not for this.

Steady as She Goes Moose