Re: [OM] IMG: From the Airport - Again

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: From the Airport - Again
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 06:49:12 +0100
I reckon they increase the drag, Ken.  Although it's possible that they are
just tall enough to energise the boundary layer but not tall enough to protrude
into the higher speed, laminar flow, so not increasing the drag too much.

The idea would be that the reduce the stalling speed by energising the the
boundary layer to lower airspeeds and higher angles of attack.

Chris