Re: [OM] IMG: From the Airport - Again

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: From the Airport - Again
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 17:23:58 -0700
Yeah, it is an inertia starter and there is a fitting in the wheel well
for a two man hand crank. When you get that rotor up to speed and holler
"Mesh", a guy up in the cockpit hits the mesh switch and the engine
turns over and, hopefully, starts. LOL  If it fails to start, you have
to do it all over again, and again.  I was a radio mechanic in a C-47
outfit once upon a time, and got hauled in to help on that job once in a
while.  Usually when there wasn't a start cart handy.
Paul in Portland OR