Re: [OM] IMG: Thursday Food

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Thursday Food
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 02:08:49 +0930
Down here, jelly is purely a flavoured water & gelatine concoction...
(for something annoyingly grating but very Australian, look for the
Aeroplane Jelly advert on youtube - I won't post a link it as it might
start automagically, I do not want to be responsible for the beating
from your family or work colleagues when you unconsciously start singing
it)...

Anything made with pectin & fruit (or sometimes vegetables) -clear or
with chunks- is usually called jam, unless it it is made with citrus
peel (and then it becomes marmalade). My favourites are lime marmalade,
and ginger marmalade (interestingly not made with citrus peel- just to
be consistent :) )

When I was a kid, a PB&J sandwich (we had a lot of US content down
under) sounded like some sort of evil torture - I usually ran for a
comforting dab of Vegemite.

davidt