Re: [OM] Flash in the auditorium, was: John Hermanson intro for the OM n

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash in the auditorium, was: John Hermanson intro for the OM newbies
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 17:40:49 -0400
You are correct about the flash's effectiveness at high ISO.  But maybe
I don't have to go there.  I just reviewed the last photos I took there
(almost 3 years ago) and see that I was getting a good exposure at ISO
3200, 80mm @ f/2.8 and 1/50 second.  Not exactly great if anybody is
moving but most are reasonably crisp.  I don't remember it but I must
have been using the monopod.

Looking at the field of view at 80mm I must have been about 35 feet
away.  Not as bad as I thought but I'd guess the back of the auditorium
is double that distance.  I know the flash will throw plenty of light
but I think I'll try to avoid that to avoid the mixed color light.
Somewhere I have an appropriate colored  gel to cover the flash but I
haven't seen it in like years.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt