Re: [OM] Flash in the auditorium, was: John Hermanson intro for the OM n

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash in the auditorium, was: John Hermanson intro for the OM newbies
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 07:37:57 -0400
Thanks for the reminder but you are thinking of a much different
auditorium.  The shots you are recalling where there were problems with
blown red channel were taken at the University at Buffalo Center for the
Arts Theater.  This is the university's description of it
This 388-seat theatre is the venue for most of our fully produced shows,
from large-scale dramas to Broadway musicals to performances by
Zodiaque, the department's dance company. The excellent lighting and
sound systems, along with multiple traps, adjustable proscenium walls,
pit-lift, and 40 lines sets, make this a wonderful place for all of our
students to practice their craft, whether as performers, designers or
technicians.
There are perhaps hundreds of spot lights and always in constant change
during dance shows.  Even if you had a perfect light measurement it
would be off in the next few seconds.  I should have applied some
negative exposure compensation for that one.

I have never posted photos from the small auditorium I've been talking
about recently.  It's challenge it that it's simply very dim.

Chuck Norcutt